Friday, July 3, 2009

#184











#184, Turtle Bay, NYC


Whenever I see glass this shade of green, I think of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World and a description of a jacket made of "bottle green acetate cloth". At the time I first read the book, I'm sure I was probably more fascinated by following the ins and outs of the game of Centrifugal Bumble-puppy than what Lenina was wearing, but over the years, for one reason or other, it's her bottle green jacket that's stuck with me most. It's as iconic to me as that Famous Blue Raincoat.

3 comments:

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Such perspective with the composition and the cURVe of the glass. In addition to becoming an expert on all things numbered (ATN) and Queen of Fonts, you are becoming quite a photographer.

Lens off to more GLASS with numbers!

Therese Cox said...

Mmm... more glass! Thanks.

Julie said...

Reminded me of ten green bottles ...