Thursday, June 16, 2011

#199: Saint Andrews House

Cobble Hill, Brooklyn

Note to the grammar police: there's no apostrophe on the Saint Andrews sign so I'm not adding one here to the title. Note to the &7 police (dear readers, occasional followers, curiosity seekers): word duties (riffing, spinning, storytelling, blathering on, wondering, speculating, and related nonsense) to resume here shortly. It's been a long offline slog that's taken me away from my writing here but the end, I believe, is in sight. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures as we boldly go onward through the next hundred numbers.

3 comments:

VioletSky said...

This reminds me of how the British tend to refer to houses by their numbers - "those people over at #19 are a strange lot" or "we're off to #7 for lunch". I guess they use that to replace house names.

Pierre said...

Yay, I miss your writing.

Therese Cox said...

VioletSky - I didn't know about that tendency, but I do like it. Comic and strange.

Pierre - Thanks. It's nice to be missed. (But even better to be back... soon!)