Friday, February 26, 2010

Dont Give Up On Us Baby

Francis Street, Dublin

Just when you thought it was unsinkable...

A note to my loyal friends, dear followers, and typographical rubber-neckers: for various and sundry reasons -- a frustrating account hack elsewhere, a winter that has withered the synapses of my brain, a distressing lack of further orange-colored pictures -- I will be taking some time off from all things internet-related. Despite my extroverted ambitions, it's become clear that I need time and space to write and make stuff the lonely, old-fashioned way: slowly. Glacially. Stupidly. In notebooks, with pen and ink and art supplies, a roll of Scotch tape and a bottle of scotch beside me.

No need to dispatch the Carpathia -- not yet. I'm not jumping ship, I just need some time to peer out through the spyglass and listen to the messages tapping through on my inner Marconi machine. When I figure out what the message says, I'll keep you posted. My hunch is that it may be time to move from daily to weekly posts. It may just be a passing funk. But whatever the case, I hope you won't give up on us, baby. (See, I even put in that missing apostrophe -- just for all y'all.)

For those who've been checking in, thanks for reading. I'll see you on the other side of the iceberg field. Or else come join me down in Third Class. There's some stompin' and singin' going on you won't want to miss.

12 comments:

Adam said...

I won't be jumping ship. In any case, I'm not a very good swimmer.

Radge said...

I was a victim of said account hack elsewhere - was intrigued as to your direct message before I saw the content. Lousy spamming feckers...

Good to know you're not jumping ship, it'll take more than a break in regularity to stop me dropping in.

Julie said...

Yep, prefering quality to quantity, I'm along for the ride, whether express or all stations.

Therese Cox said...

Thanks, Adam, Radge, Julie. I'm a crummy swimmer myself. Nice to know there's good company on board.

Julie said...

Been meaning to ask, how's the book going? What stage, etc ...

Jackie said...

The Titanic... oh man, gf. This reminds me of something else you've penned. And therefore, gives me chills.

Happy to dance around in 3rd class. Hear the music's way better there, anyway.

<3

Anonymous said...

Wow, we go away for a few days and look what happens.
Well, we've been paddling along with you for while, and we'll continue to drift alongside, as long as you'll have us.

Jim & Mitch

John said...

Still here. Not going anywhere.

Take your time.

Julie said...

G'day from down here.

Andy Newman said...

Therese Cox I am NY Times reporter doing piece on missing building numbers would love to speak with you about same pls call me asap if you'd like to talk 212-556-1525 or email anewman (at) nytimes dot com thx!

Julie said...

Everything fit in the bags, okay? So now you are gallivanting over the cont-in-ent somewhere. Goodo ...

Julie said...

*waves*