Sunday, November 1, 2009

#305

It's November, and to kick things off right, here's another round of Match the Number to the City. Most of you are familiar with the game, but here's the rules for those who might be new. Look at the numbers below and see if you can guess where they came from. This one's an all-American round, inspired by this summer's month on the road with Balthrop, Alabama. Your possible options, in alphabetical order, are: Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Tucson. Educated guesses are welcome; random stabs in the dark are roundly encouraged. I'll post the answers in the comments mid-week. Good luck!

a)















b)















c)















d)

7 comments:

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

That brick in "B" has the feel of Pittsburgh. Charles Rennie Mackintosh meets Pittsburgh.

Jackie said...

Random stabs in the dark:

1. Chicago
2. Brooklyn
3. Tuscon
4. NYC

Therese Cox said...

Heh heh. Stabs in the dark. Must still have Halloween on the brain.

I'd like to give you both feedback but... I can't just yet... I can't...

Unknown said...

a. Tucson
b. Chicago
c. phoenix
d. new york city

Therese Cox said...

So close!

Good on you, Laura, you got 3 out of 4:
a) Tucson
b) Chicago
d) NYC.

And Jackie, you were right on the NYC one (naturally!).

GDP, honestly, I listed Pittsburgh as a red herring for b). Hope you don't mind if I'm a teeny bit pleased my trick worked - it wouldn't work if I didn't have the clever readership, of course.

But c) remains unguessed. Any retakes?

Unknown said...

Well then, I'll have to say LA for C..

Julie said...

I am astounded that people can identify these as being from a specific city. Never thought of that with regard to Australian cities.