Monday, March 16, 2015

#291: Hits of the 70's, 80's, and 90's

Tribeca, NYC
In cracking open the &7 archive again, I've become reacquainted with a few old favorites, a handful of forgettables, and some new additions to the number line I'll look forward to trotting out when their, er, number comes up. This modest #291 hasn't basked in the online limelight since &7's inaugural year, so I figured it was due for a call up.

It's a fact born out of necessity that my New York numbers tend to be gathered in great hulking expeditions. The first year I kept this blog, I'd often be wandering up and down Broadway in a last-minute panic when I realized how freakin' hard it is to find three-digit numbers in ending in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. This was collected on one of those panic expeditions, though the image seems relatively calm, as if it was waiting patiently to be discovered. Appropriately, this address happens to house a dentist's office, which -- speaking of the 70's, 80's, and 90's -- would be just the place to go if you want the full experiential 70's, 80's, and 90's onslaught. A little "lite rock" with your Novocain?

No comments: